About Me

My photo
With my MLIS degree complete and my first part-time real librarian position in high gear I find that my pleasure reading has gotten back on track. I figured now would be the time to get back to blogging. Let's hope I can keep on top of my books. So with my trusty Pomeranian dog "Spike" stiill by my side I will continue the challenge to read 1001 books.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 9, 2010-Dewey Read-A-Thon Day!!!


Well, today is the Dewey Read-A-Thon hosted at http://24hourreadathon.com/
It's currently hour 7 and I have read two books so far. I will be doing a final post sometime tomorrow with lists on both of my blogs.

Good luck and Good Reading to anyone else who is participating and now, back to reading!!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm not so good at clever cheers - just keep on reading, and we'll be here (to keep you motivated - yeah!)

    Sounds like you're really in the groove.

    Happy Readathon - good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I picked up a book on my own from the shelf and I started to read on my own to myself. And nonsense and knowledge come tumbling out, whispering mysteries, history’s shout, the wisdom of wizards, the songs of the ages, all the wonders of wandering wonderful pages. ~Karla Kuskin

    Cheering you on from Team Metaphor

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun little ditty:

    There once was a girl from Leebrook
    Whose nose was oft' buried in a book
    Her hoarding got bad
    Her neighbors got mad
    So the townsfolk bought her a nook

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the cheers! It's now hour 19 and I'm still here!

    ReplyDelete