About Me

My photo
With my MLIS degree complete and my first part-time real librarian position in high gear I find that my pleasure reading has gotten back on track. I figured now would be the time to get back to blogging. Let's hope I can keep on top of my books. So with my trusty Pomeranian dog "Spike" stiill by my side I will continue the challenge to read 1001 books.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Dewey End of Event Meme


I shut down before the final questions were up for the end of the Dewey Read-A-Thon, so here are my answers. Also, my reviews are probably going to go up tomorrow as I have homework to get done today.

1. Which hour was most daunting for you?
I'd have to say between hours of 15 to 18 when my reading slowed and I got very tired. But I got a second wind and made it to the 24th hour!
2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
For me any Harry Potter would keep me interested,even with their length.
3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
As this was my first "Dewey" I would have liked a little clearer idea of what was going on and how to post. The other read-a-thons I have been involved in you just posted to their site your updates. Maybe a 'newbie' page?
4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I liked the hourly update on the site.
5. How many books did you read? Six
6. What were the names of the books you read?
LAST NIGHT I SANG TO THE MONSTER by Benjamin Alire Saenz--239 pgs.
THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY by Oscar Wilde--218 pgs.
THE PEARL DIVER by Jeff Talarigo--240 pgs.
THE WAR OF THE WORLDS by H.G. Wells--187 pgs.
RUNNING THE BOOKS by Ari Steinberg--399 pgs.
CLONE CODES by Patricia, Fredrick and John McKissack--177 pgs.
7. Which book did you enjoy most?
I'd have to say THE PEARL DIVER, with RUNNING THE BOOKS coming in a close second.
8. Which did you enjoy least?
Probably CLONE CODES as there was not enough meat to the story, but it is the beginning of a trilogy.
9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
Not a Cheerleader.
10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I would definately participate again and would be a reader.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that any Harry Potter book will keep you engrossed! Btw, you did great on the readathon - I wish I had read as much!

    ReplyDelete