About Me

My photo
With my MLIS degree complete and my first part-time real librarian position in high gear I find that my pleasure reading has gotten back on track. I figured now would be the time to get back to blogging. Let's hope I can keep on top of my books. So with my trusty Pomeranian dog "Spike" stiill by my side I will continue the challenge to read 1001 books.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Toy Story 3--You've Got A Friend In Me!

Well we braved the midnight crowd yesterday to experience the 3-D version of the end of a Pixar Trilogy classic--TOY STORY 3.


Most of the favorites are still there (although some have been sold or thrown away), and there are even some new friends (including Barbie's 'friend' Ken and a porcupine who fancies himself a thespian). Andy is all grown up (well 17) and is going off to college. He has to choose what will go with him, what will be stored in the attic, and what goes in the garbage. Through an unfortunate accident, most of the toys wind up thrown away, but manage to get to "Sunnyside Day Care" which isn't that sunny for newly arrived toys. Much excitement ensues, with laughs and yes, a few tears, until everything is brought right in the end.

As we were sitting in the theater we heard a boy who said he had just turned 18 and remembered seeing the first movie when we was 'a child' and seeing this film closes the door on childhood and made him feel like an adult. There were many sniffles from the row behind us which included many of these 17 to 18 year old 'adults'. I hope that they understand that being 'adult' doesn't necessarily mean you have to give up all you loved as a child (my husband's toy collection is proof of this).

I loved this movie and anyone who is an animation, but especially a Pixar fan, should go see it soon! I would recommend seeing it in 2-D rather than 3-D as there was not the impact as there was in a movie like UP. Be sure to stay through the entire credits as Pixar adds some funny ending scenes (which you will need after the final scene of the movie).


Nothing to report reading wise tonight, but I just got a copy of THE LIGHTNING THIEF which I have been wanting to read for some time now. Look for a review in a couple of days.

Until next time, Good Night and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment