About Me

My photo
With my MLIS degree complete and my first part-time real librarian position in high gear I find that my pleasure reading has gotten back on track. I figured now would be the time to get back to blogging. Let's hope I can keep on top of my books. So with my trusty Pomeranian dog "Spike" stiill by my side I will continue the challenge to read 1001 books.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

June 6, 2010


BLOCKADE BILLY by Stephen King

Blockade Billy is a baseball catcher who's story has been erased from all sports records because of the dark secret in "Billy's" past.

While this short story has much of King's charm and wit, I did not get into it as much as past King offerings. If you are a baseball fan I am sure that you will enjoy the "old-time" baseball talk that permeates every page. I did however, enjoy the second offering included with the title story.

MORALITY is the tale of how far we will go for our loved ones, so that we can live the lives we want to live. Again, this was not really up to King's earlier short tales, but it had me going until the end (which left a little to be desired).

I always look forward to King novels and stories, but I have to admit that his recent tales have not been up to the standards of those in the past. I hope this is not a trend.

Until next time, Good Night and Good Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know King had another book out! Sounds very interesting but I'll wait and watch the movie, LOL!
    Great review,
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete