About Me

My photo
With my MLIS degree complete and my first part-time real librarian position in high gear I find that my pleasure reading has gotten back on track. I figured now would be the time to get back to blogging. Let's hope I can keep on top of my books. So with my trusty Pomeranian dog "Spike" stiill by my side I will continue the challenge to read 1001 books.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

May 1, 2010

Happy May Day! I spent most of it recovering from the migraine I got from the Read-A-Thon which ended at noon on Friday. Note to self: Do NOT drink loads of highly caffeiniated coffee and not eat while reading mass quantities of books. Anyway, I think I have fully recovered and can now share my adventure.

I was able to finish six books, five of which will be reviewed on my other blog as they were on the 1001 must read books list.

The one "other book" I read was THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Colliins and I am very glad I did.

The Hunger Games are a yearly event set in the near-future within what is left of the USA. Every child from the age of 12-17 has to participate in a drawing that chooses a boy and a girl from each of the 12 "zones" and they are sent to the game zone where the ultimate goal is to be the last living contestant. The action is intense without being gratuitous and the characters are very well-written. I look forward to the sequel with baited-breath!

If you don't read YA because you think it is just for kids, this would be a good choice to start you off.

If you do want to try out YA reads I would also highly reccomend THE BOOK THIEF by Marcus Zusak.

Well, I'm off to my other blog to note the five other worthy books that filled up my 24 hour reading binge.

Good Night and Good Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment