About Me

My photo
With my MLIS degree complete and my first part-time real librarian position in high gear I find that my pleasure reading has gotten back on track. I figured now would be the time to get back to blogging. Let's hope I can keep on top of my books. So with my trusty Pomeranian dog "Spike" stiill by my side I will continue the challenge to read 1001 books.

Monday, May 24, 2010


The last couple of days have been a bit of a blur (without much reading, sign), but I am very excited... My hubby Jeff and I went to Carlsbad on Saturday to check out a used book store (Fahrenheit 451--check it out if you are in the area, great selection of used books) and while we were in "The Village" we stopped by our favorite Antique Mall (Carlsbad Village Art & Antique Mall) and saw a sign that they had dealer spaces available and we signed up!

I haven't really posted about it, but I sell books online and at SF Conventions (Pulps, SF, Horror, Mystery, and TV/Movie Tie-Ins mostly) and I have been wanting to go "brick & mortar" for some time now, but didn't want to invest the amount of time necessary for a store of my own with my MLIS in progress. This is going to be great because all I have to do is set up shop and they (the mall) does all the rest of the work. It's a little drive from where I live, but I love Carlsbad Village and this will give me an excuse to go there a couple of times a month. I also used to sell movie posters and other memorabilia, but my stuff has been languishing in storage and now it will see the light of day again. Anyway, the last couple of days I have been furiously working on my stock to get it ready for the "store" and haven't been reading much. Once this weekend is over everything should be in order and I will be back to reading.

Until next time, Good Night and Good reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment