About Me

My photo
With my MLIS degree complete and my first part-time real librarian position in high gear I find that my pleasure reading has gotten back on track. I figured now would be the time to get back to blogging. Let's hope I can keep on top of my books. So with my trusty Pomeranian dog "Spike" stiill by my side I will continue the challenge to read 1001 books.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April 27, 2010

I finished I SO DON'T DO MYSTERIES by BARRIE SUMMY last night and thoroughly enjoyed the read. This is a YA story about a young girl who's dead mother, along with grandpa who's now a chubby wren,comes back to enlist her aid as a partner to solve a mystery involving the murder of rhinos at the San Diego Wild Animal Park. The girl, Sherrry (Sherlock) Holmes Baldwin is a worthy sucessor to Nancy Drew (which this story was originally intended to be). The novel is very funny and I am sure this series will be enthusiastically read by young and older readers alike.

This was one of the authors that I met at the Volunteer Breakfast last Friday. I was taken in by the story about her parents letting her read a "dessert" book after a "meat and potatoes" book was completed. Well, I like dessert and I will definitely read the entire yummy series!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Roseann! I'm so glad you enjoyed I So Don't Do Mysteries. And I had a really fun time at the library breakfast. Great audience!

    ReplyDelete